Posted 1 month ago
Melanoma Institute Australia would like to invite applications for a full-time Fellowship position in Dermatology.
The fellowship commences in February 2022 and is for one year in duration. This position provides a unique opportunity for the right individual to obtain training in the diagnosis and treatment of challenging pigmented lesions and melanoma, as well as cutaneous immune-oncology in a multi – disciplinary, clinical and translational research environment. MIA is an independent, non-profit organisation located in North Sydney (NSW, Australia). The Institute is formally affiliated with the University of Sydney.
• Join a world class organisation in the provision of melanoma care, research and education
• Opportunity to participate in world-leading clinical research
• A dynamic environment in a recognised centre of excellence
The position involves:
- Training in advanced non-invasive imaging techniques for pigmented lesions, including confocal microscopy, optical coherence tomography, advanced dermoscopy, 3D total body photography.
- Co-ordination of high-risk clinics for patients at high and extreme-high risk of primary cutaneous melanoma
- Participation in outpatient multidisciplinary melanoma care
- Clinico-pathological correlation
- Strong involvement in clinical research programs
Fellows are required to participate in the academic activities of the Institute, including conducting research projects for presentation at a major international conferences and publication in high-ranking journals. Opportunity for part-time postgraduate study for a Masters, as is the potential to transfer after completion of the fellowship into a full-time PhD at the University of Sydney.
Essential criteria include:
– Hold fellowship of the Australian College of Dermatologists (FACD) of equivalent
– Be eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
Priority is given to Australian candidates. Appropriate regulatory assistance will be given to facilitate the best overall candidates. Further Information can be found at www.melanoma.org.au and melanomadermatology.com.au
To apply for this position, please contact Kylie Scott, Head of Human Resources, Melanoma Institute Australia. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 9 July 2021. This placement is for the February 2022 to February 2023 year.