Posted 11 months ago
|EXPRESSION OF INTEREST | DERMATOLOGIST
Wagga Wagga is NSW’s largest inland city and home to regional NSW’s largest private hospital (Calvary Riverina Hospital) and the recently built major regional referral public hospital (Wagga Wagga Base Hospital).
Our 120 Medical Specialists provide care to a catchment population of 350,000 and we are keen to recruit an additional Dermatologist to meet growing demand.
Situated half way between Sydney and Melbourne and only 1 hr’s flight to both or an enjoyable 4 ½ hr drive.
Opportunity exists to work at both public and private hospitals, in consulting rooms and for academic appointments at our 2 clinical schools ie UNDA and UNSW RCS and plans are well underway for a new Medical School to be built in the city.
Wagga boasts excellent public and private schools, Charles Sturt University, I-MED Radiology (the world’s largest radiology company), The Riverina Cancer Care Centre, quality childcare facilities, theatres which attract local, metropolitan & international artists, fabulous restaurants and cafes, wonderful sporting facilities including indoor aquatic centre, a multitude of walking/riding tracks with snowfields nearby.
Our 120 medical specialists cover specialty areas of Anaesthetics, Obstetrics/Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, Paediatric Surgery, Pain Management, Pathology, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases, Medical Oncology, Nephrology, Neurology, Respiratory, Psychiatry, Radiation Oncology, Radiology, ENT Surgery, General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Hand/Wrist/Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Dermatology, Dental Surgery, Urology and Vascular Surgery.
We can assist you and your partner/family with relocation, identifying professional/work opportunities, establishing your practice (either with the existing team or independently) and to explore the many education/childcare options for your children.
If you have your FRACP, or about to complete your training and would like to discuss our flexible options, we invite you to contact our Manager, Medical Specialist Recruitment,
Joy Ross | M 0428 225 850 | E firstname.lastname@example.org
FURTHER INFORMATION ON A CAREER IN WAGGA WAGGA
Dear Dermatology Registrars and Fellows,
I would like to share with you some further information regarding what a City like Wagga Wagga can offer you and your family and to invite you to contact me to discuss further.
We understand the issues that are important to you and your family and are committed to working with you to ensure your needs are met. I will highlight some of these below and make comment re how we can assist you.
Having said this we respect each specialist/family are individual so we can tailor our support in a way that is helpful to you.
Your Career – how will a move to ‘the country’ impact on my career?
- We have tripled the number of specialists working in the city (we now have 120) over the past 15 years – we must be doing something right!
- In 2020 2 of our specialists have received prestigious awards from their respective Colleges in recognition of their substantial contribution to both teaching and rural health
- Many of our specialists hold prominent positions with their respective Colleges
- Since moving to Wagga some specialists have returned to metropolitan hospitals to undertake projects of interest to them but once completed they have returned to Wagga to continue their practice
- You will be working with, and supported by, quality medical colleagues including a resident and visiting Dermatologist, 32 Surgeons and 21 Anaesthetists
- Your will see interesting pathology
- Calvary Riverina Hospital – the largest in regional NSW
- 2 Day Surgeries including Calvary Riverina Surgicentre – a stand alone facility
- Wagga Wagga Base Hospital – new and expanding and the region’s major regional referral hospital
- We can assist in identifying consulting rooms – either joining established practices or establishing your own
- The established dermatology practice is modern, well equipped and attracts interesting pathology
- Consulting rooms space is also available onsite at Calvary Riverina Hospital and at other locations
- We can assist in promoting you to the City of Wagga, the Riverina’s GPs and the community to ensure you ‘hit the ground running’!
Your partner’s career – we view this as import as yours!
- We can support your partner in exploring professional and business opportunities to ensure their career flourishes too
- Some of our medical specialists have had partners who are GPs/specialists also and we have been able to explore opportunities and they have secured positions
- A wide range of quality public and private school options
- Charles Sturt University Campus
- Riverina Institute of TAFE
- Excellent home based and centre based options
- We can assist you in exploring babysitting and au pair options
- Wagga Beach – recently voted in the top 10 in Australia!
- The ’10 minute commute’ will leave you more time for family, recreation and your other interests
- Great restaurants, cafes and theatres
- Indoor aquatic centre
- Close to snowfields
- Running/riding tracks
- Quality sporting fields
Housing – Affordable – all within a 10 minute commute
- Inner City apartments
- Renovated historic homes
- New suburbs
- Lifestyle acreage
- You may have been planning an overseas fellowship which COVID has impacted upon. Why not consider some time working in a regional city instead?
- You will have the opportunity to develop flexible options including working across public and private hospitals and in consulting rooms
- We can assist you in a seamless relocation exploring the various options, undertaking inspections for/with you to ensure you find the right home
The City is vibrant and growing and we feel sure you will be pleasantly surprised. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions and we would be happy to provide any further information and/or arrange a visit if you would like to meet with us and explore options further.
We appreciate your time and hope to hear from you.
Hospitality | Healing | Stewardship | Respect
Continuing the Mission of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary