The College has appointed key people to represent the College as advocates. Advocates have a belief in the cause of raising the level of health literacy in the community regarding dermatology and dermatologists. They may also possess leadership skills and currently be involved with the local community.
Advocates are located in all state Faculties and assist College in the following manner:
- By becoming an advocate for College in their state
- Assisting the College with strategic initiatives
- Engaging with their local community on health
- Assisting College patient support groups
- Responding to queries and disseminating information about the College to other Fellows in their state
- Presenting at health industry conferences
- Responding to media enquiries
- Being active on social media
- Providing feedback to the College on health.
If you have a question about College, please don’t hesitate to contact an advocate in your state.