Programs and Courses
GP Certificates – Skin Cancer: Face-to-Face Skin Cancer Workshop
Our workshop builds on the leaning from our online course Practical Dermoscopy.
GPs will put Dermoscopy theory into practice and develop a thorough understanding of how Dermoscopy can be used to manage patients with skin cancer. Courses typically run from 8:30am until 5pm.
Topics covered include but not limited to:
- Practical Dermoscopy for the GP
- Surgical Risk Management
- Surgical Skills Basic & Advanced
- Dermoscopy Case Review
- Practical sessions (using pigs bellies)
This course is aimed at GPs and GP registrars. Nurse practitioners and other medical registrars are also eligible.
Completion of the ACD Skin Cancer: Certificate in Practical Dermoscopy course is a pre-requisite of the Face-to-Face Skin Cancer Workshop.
|Sydney||The Skin Hospital
121 Crown Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
17 August 2019
To proceed with your enrolment select the ‘Enrol Now’ button located next to the workshop you wish to enrol in.
You will be re-directed to the ACD Online Courses Store where you can select your fee type, workshop and make an online payment for access to the course.
Once you have successfully paid online for your course access, you will receive a receipt as well as a confirmation of enrolment email with account details to access your course.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
One low course fee includes access to the online portal course where all the logistics of the workshop are located.
- GPs $1000
- GP registrars $900
- Nurse practitioners $900
- Other trainees and registrars $900
|Demonstrate how to perform basic dermatological surgery and procedures (cryotherapy, biopsies, sutures and suturing techniques)|
|Discuss the appropriate circumstances to perform basic dermatological surgery and procedures|
|Discuss the risk and complications relating to basic dermatological surgery and procedures|
|Develop a surgical risk management plan|
Completion of this course will result in 30 PRPD points with ACRRM and 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points with RACGP
- The enrolment fee includes access to the our online portal where further information is located.
- Access to the online modules until 1 week after your workshop has taken place.
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed enrolment form and payment of the relevant course fees to ACD.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed at the end of their enrolled Trimester/Workshop.
- A full refund of fees will be available if an offer of placement is withdrawn or in the unlikely event that College is unable in unable to provide any components of the course.
- No refund of fees will be made once you have enrolled in the course.
- If you wish to defer your attendance at the workshop, you will need to submit a written request at least 20 days before the workshop date. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 20 days of the workshop date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating your attendance.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org