Skin Cancer Medicine for General Practice
Practical Therapies Theory: Basic
Developed and delivered by Australian trained and based Dermatologists This course aims to provide GPs with the skills and knowledge to perform basic dermatological surgery and procedures and manage surgical risk and complications.
Participants will complete 7 online modules, attend or watch 2 live webinars and participate in online case discussion. This course is designed to be engaging, flexible and totally relevant to your needs in day to day practice. Participants will engage directly with our expert Dermatologists via webinars and the discussion forum
Detailed course content, date and fee information provided below.
Contact email@example.com with any course queries
Full Course Information
This 8 week blended course consists of 7 online modules which cover the following topics:
- Intralesional steroids
- Biopsy techniques
- Curettage & Cautery
- Non-Surgical treatments of skin cancer
- Cutaneous surgical anatomy & danger zones
- Patient management pre and post operatively
Cases will be posted for participants to discuss and provide preferred diagnosis and outline patient management. The teaching dermatologist will provide feedback
Attend online webinars and participate in open discussion on diagnosis and management direct with our expert Dermatologists
Respond to authentic clinic case studies and challenge yourself to provide a diagnosis and first-step management plan on the clinical information and dermoscopic images
Complete the topic scenarios, a 500 word case study and an online multiple choice final exam
Dr Su-Lin Chan is a Specialist Dermatologist and Fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatologists.
She completed her Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) at the University of Western Australia, graduating with Honours in 2010. After her internship and residency at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital she completed her specialist training through the Australasian College of Dermatologist national dermatology training program working at Fiona Stanley, Royal Perth, Sir Charles Gairdner and Perth Children’s Hospitals, and was awarded an overseas training position at the University College London Hospital.
Dr Chan has been published in the Australasian Journal of Dermatology and has presented at both National and International Dermatology Meetings.
Dr Chan has an interest in all aspects of adult and paediatric general dermatology including acne, eczema and psoriasis as well as both medical and surgical management of skin cancers.
Dr Louise O’Halloran is a Specialist Dermatologist and Fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatologists.
She graduated medicine from the University of Western Australia in 2009, spending a year of her studies in the Kimberley region of Western Australia.
After her internship and residency at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital she completed her Dermatology training in Western Australia. During her training she enjoyed the education of medical students and mentoring of junior doctors with an interest in dermatology.
She has been published in the Australasian Journal of Dermatology and presented at national dermatology meetings. She is currently involved with GP education through the Australasian College of Dermatologists.
She is a general dermatologist who treats both adults and children. She has a particular interest in acne, eczema, psoriasis, skin cancer management and surveillance, dermatoses of pregnancy and vulval dermatoses.
COURSE DATES 2021
15th Feb – 11th April
27th April – 20th June
5th Jul – 29th Aug
13th Sep – 7th Nov
One low course fee includes access to the course for the duration of the trimester and you are able to download and save all learning material and resources.
- GPs $1,000
- GP registrars $900
- Nurse practitioners $900
- Other trainees and registrars $900
HOW TO ENROL
Click HERE to be directed to our online shop and the purchase page.
Here you can select your fee type, trimester and pay online to gain access to the course.
Once you have successfully paid online for your course access, you will receive a receipt as well as a confirmation of enrolment email with account details to access your course.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
This course is aimed at GPs and GP registrars. Nurse practitioners and other medical registrars are also eligible.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain how to perform basic dermatological surgery and procedures (cryotherapy, biopsies, electrodessication and curettage, intralesional steroid injection, and suturing).
- Describe the appropriate circumstances in which to perform basic dermatological surgery and procedures.
- Describe the risks and complications relating to basic dermatological surgery and procedures.
- Explain when and how to use non-surgical treatments for skin cancer.
- Describe ways surgical risk may be managed.
PRDP, QI & CPD POINTS
Completion of this course will result in 30 PRPD points with ACRRM and 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points with RACGP
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The enrolment fee includes access to the online modules
- Access to the online modules and virtual clinic is available for the duration of the course (usually 8 weeks).
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed enrolment form and payment of the relevant course fees to ACD.
- Participants can defer by submitting a written request to the Australasian College of Dermatologists that is received no later than 20 working days before the end of the term. If a deferment is granted, you will be offered a place at the next available term. Once you accept this offer, you will receive a confirmation email of enrolment into this workshop. A maximum of one deferrals is permitted per participant.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- A full refund of fees will be available if an offer of placement is withdrawn or in the unlikely event that College is unable in unable to provide any components of the course.
- No refund of fees will be made once you have enrolled in the course.
- If you wish to defer you will need to submit a written request at least 20 days before the trimester end. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 20 days of the end date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating your studies.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org