Skin Cancer Medicine for General Practice
Practical Therapies Theory: Advanced
Developed and delivered by Australian trained and based Dermatologists this course provides GPs with theoretical knowledge on advanced dermatological surgery and procedures as well as how to manage surgical risk and complications in more critical situations.
Participants will complete 6 online modules, attend or watch 2 live webinars and participate in online case discussion. This course is designed to be engaging, flexible and totally relevant to your needs in day to day practice. Participants will engage directly with our expert Dermatologists via webinars and the discussion forum
Detailed course content, date and fee information provided below.
Contact email@example.com with any course queries
Full Course Information
This 8 week blended course consists of 6 online modules which cover the following topics:
- Full thickness skin grafts
- Split Thickness skin grafts
- Principles of flap repairs
- Regional closures
- Surgical complications and treatments
Cases will be posted for participants to discuss and provide preferred diagnosis and outline patient management. The teaching dermatologist will provide feedback
Attend or watch live online webinars and participate in open discussion on diagnosis and management direct with our expert Dermatologists
Respond to authentic clinic case studies and challenge yourself to provide a diagnosis and first-step management plan on the clinical information and dermoscopic images
Complete the topic scenarios, a 500 word case study and an online multiple choice final exam
Dr Sudipta Daly is a Queensland-trained fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatologists. She is well versed in all areas of general dermatology with special interest in skin cancer surgery and transplant dermatology.
Dr Daly has completed a Master of Philosophy in the field of skin cancer in organ transplant recipients through the University of Queensland and has over 20 publications in this field of melanoma and keratinocyte skin cancers. She is also a member of the International Skin Cancer in Organ Transplant Collaborative Group.
Along with being a Mohs Fellow, Dr Daly welcomes referrals in all aspects of general dermatology such as skin surveillance, skin cancer management, acne, psoriasis, paediatric dermatology and pigmentary skin disorders.
Dr Lisa Byrom studied medicine at the University of Queensland. Dr Byrom completed her specialist training in Queensland at Greenslopes Hospital, QIDerm, Mater Hospital, Sunshine Coast University Hospital, Nambour Hospital, Clinic One, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, and the Queensland Children’s Hospital. She will be undergoing further training in Cosmetic Dermatology.
She is actively involved in dermatology research having completed her Masters in “The influence of pregnancy, parity, and sex on melanoma prognosis”. She has published and presented internationally in pregnancy associated melanoma, teledermatology, and adverse drug reactions. She is an Associate Lecturer for University of Queensland and the recipient of the UQDI Clinician-Researcher Scholarship.
Her areas of interest are pregnancy associated dermatoses, cutaneous malignancies, acne, psoriasis, eczema, autoimmune diseases, and paediatric dermatology.
COURSE DATES 2020
15th Feb – 11th April
27th April – 20th June
5th Jul – 29th Aug
13th Sep – 7th Nov
One low course fee includes access to the course for the duration of the trimester and you are able to download and save all learning material and resources.
- GPs $1,000
- GP registrars $900
- Nurse practitioners $900
- Other trainees and registrars $900
HOW TO ENROL
Click HERE to be directed to our online shop and the purchase page.
Here you can select your fee type, trimester and pay online to gain access to the course.
Once you have successfully paid online for your course access, you will receive a receipt as well as a confirmation of enrolment email with account details to access your course.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
This course is aimed at GPs and GP registrars. Nurse practitioners and other medical registrars are also eligible.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain how to perform more advanced dermatological surgery and procedures (including, full thickness skin grafts, split thickness skin grafts, principles of flap repairs, and regional closures)
- Describe the appropriate circumstances in which to perform more advanced dermatological surgery and procedures
- Describe the risks and complications relating to more advanced dermatological surgery and procedures
- Describe ways surgical risk may be managed
CPD & ACRRM POINTS
Completion of this course will result in 40 CPD points from the RACGP.
30 PDP points or 5 MOPS points from ACRRM.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The enrolment fee includes access to the online modules
- Access to the online modules and virtual clinic is available for the duration of the course (usually 8 weeks).
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed enrolment form and payment of the relevant course fees to ACD.
- Participants can defer by submitting a written request to the Australasian College of Dermatologists that is received no later than 10 working days before the end of the term. If a deferment is granted, you will be offered a place at the next available term. Once you accept this offer, you will receive a confirmation email of enrolment into this workshop. A maximum of one deferral is permitted per participant.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- A full refund of fees will be available if an offer of placement is withdrawn or in the unlikely event that College is unable in unable to provide any components of the course.
- No refund of fees will be made once you have enrolled in the course.
- If you wish to defer you will need to submit a written request at least 10 days before the term end. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 10 days of the end date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating your studies.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org