Skin Cancer Medicine for General Practice
GP Advanced Skin Cancer Certificate
Successfully complete the following certificates in order to gain the certificate:
• Practical Dermoscopy
• Benign & Precancerous Lesions
• Melanoma and Other Skin Cancers
• Practical Therapies – Basic
• Practical Therapies – Advanced
The Practical Dermoscopy module has a face-to-face, full day workshop. This day is run by leading Australian Dermatologists and will give students an opportunity to explore the use of dermoscopy and how to conduct a full skin check using diagnostic algorithms. In addition, students will have the opportunity to practice various types of skin biopsy and suturing techniques.
We have every intention of holding our face-to-face workshops however will be subject to whatever COVID rules are in place at that time. Given the unpredictable nature of interstate travel in Australia please ensure that any travel/accommodation bookings you make are fully flexible and refundable. It is our preference that students attend workshops face-to-face however we have developed an online version. If you have extenuating circumstances surrounding travel please contact us to discuss this alternative option.
Clinical Case Studies
In all our certificates participants have the opportunity to respond to authentic clinic case studies and challenge yourself to provide a diagnosis and first-step management plan on the clinical information and dermoscopic images.
Attend or watch online webinars and participate in open discussion on diagnosis and management direct with our expert Dermatologists.
Complete each end of topic quiz, the case studies and a final online exam
Benign & Precancerous Lesions
Melanoma & Other Skin Cancers
Practical Therapies Theory: Basic
Practical Therapies Theory: Advanced
COURSE DATES 2021
15th Feb – 11th April + f2f workshop Brisbane Saturday 13th March 2021
27th April – 20th June + f2f workshop Sydney – Saturday 22nd May 2021
5th Jul – 29th Aug + f2f workshop Brisbane Saturday 31st July 2021
13th Sep – 7th Nov + f2f workshop Sydney – Saturday 16th October 2021
One low course fee includes access to the course for the duration of the trimester and you are able to download and save all learning material and resources.
Please note that travel and accommodation expenses for the face to face workshop are not included.
This price is a 10% discount for the purchase of all five courses. For payment plans please contact College direct email@example.com
HOW TO ENROL
Click HERE to be directed to our online shop and the purchase page.
Here you can select your fee type, trimester and pay online to gain access to the course.
Once you have successfully paid online for your course access, you will receive a receipt as well as a confirmation of enrolment email with account details to access your course.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
This course is aimed at GPs and GP registrars. Nurse practitioners and other medical registrars are also eligible.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
See individual pages for each course for the learning outcomes of this course.
PRDP, QI & CPD POINTS
Completion of these courses will result in 40 CPD points per course from the RACGP – 200 CDP points in total.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The enrolment fee includes access to the online modules
- Access to the online modules and virtual clinic is available for the duration of the course (usually 8 weeks).
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed enrolment form and payment of the relevant course fees to ACD.
- Participants can defer by submitting a written request to the Australasian College of Dermatologists that is received no later than 10 working days before the end of the term. If a deferment is granted, you will be offered a place at the next available trimester. Once you accept this offer, you will receive a confirmation email of enrolment into this workshop. A maximum of one deferral is permitted per participant.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- College expects that students source all case for assignments themselves. In extenuating circumstances college may be able to provide cases to complete the module. A request for this needs to be submitted in writing to GPDerm@dermcoll.edu.au 20 days prior to term completion.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- A full refund of fees will be available if an offer of placement is withdrawn or in the unlikely event that College is unable to provide any components of the course.
- No refund of fees will be made once you have enrolled in the course.
- If you wish to defer you will need to submit a written request at least 10 days before the term end. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 10 days of the end date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating your studies.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org