Dermatology for General Practice
Hair & Nails
Developed and delivered by Australian trained and based Dermatologists. Abnormalities of hair and nails, may be specific diseases in themselves, or signs of underlying disease. This online course will teach participants the most common diseases and conditions you will encounter in your daily practice as a GP.
Participants will complete online modules and learn directly from our experts. This course is designed to be engaging, flexible and totally relevant to your needs in day to day practice.
Detailed course content, date and fee information provided below.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries regarding this course.
Full Course Information
- Hair – basic structure, types, common conditions
- Nails – basic structure, common conditions
Abnormalities of hair and nails, may be specific diseases in themselves, or signs of underlying disease. These modules cover the most common diseases and conditions you will encounter in your daily practice as a GP.
Webinars & Case Studies
Watch online webinars and participate in open discussion on diagnosis and management direct with our expert Dermatologists.
Assessment for this module will requires the satisfactory completion of a number of topic based quizzes together with a small number of targeted case reports.
This course requires about 12 study hours.
COURSE DATES 2021
15th Feb – 11th April
27th April – 20th June
5th Jul – 29th Aug
13th Sep – 7th Nov
One low course fee includes access to the course for the duration of the term and you are able to download and save all learning material and resources.
- GP/Registrar/Other $420
HOW TO ENROL
Click HERE to be directed to our online shop and the purchase page.
Here you can select the term and pay online to gain access to the course.
Once you have successfully paid online for your course access, you will receive a receipt as well as a confirmation of enrolment email with account details to access your course.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
This course is aimed at GPs and GP registrars. Nurse practitioners and other medical registrars are also eligible.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Determine the basic structure and function of hair and nails
- Apply the knowledge and understanding of hair to diagnose and treat conditions associated with hair and nails
- Explain a systematic and professional approach to the examination of hair and nails
- Develop a basic knowledge and understanding of some of the common conditions associated with the hair and nails
- Analyse an effective treatment and management plan for the common conditions of skin and nails that are diagnosed
- Apply effective communication skills to explore a patient’s concerns and expectations
- Assess when a dermatologist should become involved
Completion of this course will result in 40 CPD points from the RACGP.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The enrolment fee includes access to the online modules
- Access to the online modules and virtual clinic is available for the duration of the course (usually 8 weeks).
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed enrolment form and payment of the relevant course fees to ACD.
- Participants can defer by submitting a written request to the Australasian College of Dermatologists that is received no later than 10 working days before the end of the term. If a deferment is granted, you will be offered a place at the next available term. Once you accept this offer, you will receive a confirmation email of enrolment into this workshop. A maximum of one deferral is permitted per participant.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- A full refund of fees will be available if an offer of placement is withdrawn or in the unlikely event that College is unable in unable to provide any components of the course.
- No refund of fees will be made once you have enrolled in the course.
- If you wish to defer you will need to submit a written request at least 10 days before the term end. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 10 days of the end date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating your studies.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to email@example.com