Dermatology for General Practice
General Principles of Dermatology
Developed and delivered by Australian trained and based Dermatologists this online course will teach participants the skills and knowledge to put general principles of dermatology into practice. You will gain an understanding of the basic structure and function of the skin and how this is essential to the development of an understanding of the pathophysiology of skin disease.
Participants will complete online modules and learn directly from our experts. This course is designed to be engaging, flexible and totally relevant to your needs in day to day practice.
Detailed course content, date and fee information provided below.
Contact email@example.com for any queries regarding this course.
Full Course Information
This course consists of six online modules:
- The structure and functions of the skin
- Taking a dermatological history
- Conducting skin examination
- Differentiation by body region
- Lesion morphology
- The basic principles of treatment – topical therapy & skin care
Lectures & Case Studies
Watch a recorded lecture and participate in discussion forum on diagnosis and management direct with our expert Dermatologists
Assessment for this module will require you to complete a series of diagnostic quizzes provided.
This course requires about 10 study hours.
COURSE DATES 2021
15th Feb – 11th April
27th April – 20th June
5th Jul – 29th Aug
13th Sep – 7th Nov
One low course fee includes access to the course for the duration of the term
- GP/Registrar/Other $320
HOW TO ENROL
Click HERE to be directed to our online shop and the purchase page.
Here you can select the term and pay online to gain access to the course.
Once you have successfully paid online for your course access, you will receive a receipt as well as a confirmation of enrolment email with account details to access your course.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
This course is aimed at GPs and GP registrars. Nurse practitioners and other medical registrars are also eligible.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Determine the basic structure of skin
- Develop a working knowledge of basic dermatological terminology
- Take a dermatological history
- Examine therapeutic options in skin disease
- Explain how to undertake a full skin examination
- Develop the learnt principles as a guide for an appropriate referral to a dermatologist
Completion of this course will result in 40 CPD points from the RACGP
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The enrolment fee includes access to the online modules
- Access to the online modules and virtual clinic is available for the duration of the course (usually 8 weeks).
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed enrolment form and payment of the relevant course fees to ACD.
- Participants can defer by submitting a written request to the Australasian College of Dermatologists that is received no later than 10 working days before the end of the term. If a deferment is granted, you will be offered a place at the next available trimester. Once you accept this offer, you will receive a confirmation email of enrolment into this workshop. A maximum of one deferral is permitted per participant.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- A full refund of fees will be available if an offer of placement is withdrawn or in the unlikely event that College is unable in unable to provide any components of the course.
- No refund of fees will be made once you have enrolled in the course.
- If you wish to defer you will need to submit a written request at least 10 days before the term end. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 10 days of the end date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating your studies.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org