Dermatology for General Practice
Advanced Certificate in General Dermatology
This course combines all 12 modules of ACD’s Dermatology Courses:
- General Principles of Dermatology
- Skin Signs of Systemic Disease
- Hair & Nails
- Acne and Rosacea
- Psoriasis and Other Papulosquamous Disease
- Infections, Infestations & bites
- Light Related Skin Disease and Pigmentation Disorders
- Dermatological Emergencies
- Skin disease in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Vesicular and Bullous Disease
- Connective Tissue Disease
Lectures & Case Studies
Watch recorded lectures and participate in discussions on diagnosis and management direct with our expert Dermatologists.
Assessment for each module will require the satisfactory completion of a number of topic based quizzes together with a small number of targeted case reports.
This course requires about 200 study hours.
Course duration up to 24 months to complete the full certificate.
These courses are designed to provide Doctors and related health professionals with knowledge and skills in a range of Dermatology and skin health areas to develop their expertise and confidence in dealing with patients who present with dermatological conditions. It aims to assist you in the day-to-day management of these patients and in making the decision as to when to refer a patient to a Dermatologist.
Completion of this course does not provide you with qualifications in dermatology or guarantee you access into the ACD Specialist Training Program. In order to practice as a Specialist Dermatologist you must complete the ACD Specialist Training Program. Information on the Training Program requirements are outlined here: