GP Certificates Skin Cancer
GP Certificates – Skin Cancer: Practical Dermoscopy
Developed and delivered by Australian trained and based Dermatologists this 12 week blended course will teach participants the skills and knowledge to put dermoscopy theory into practice and develop a thorough understanding of how it can be used to manage patients with skin cancer.
Participants will complete online modules, attend live webinars and a face to face workshop to engage and learn directly from our experts. This course is designed to be engaging, flexible and totally relevant to your needs in day to day practice.
Detailed course content, date and fee information provided below.
Contact email@example.com for any queries regarding this course.
Full Course Information
- History examination & lighting
- Morphology of skin lesions
- Science behind dermoscopy
- Dermoscopy basics
- Histopathology correlations
- Choice of biopsy
Face to Face Workshop
The one day face to face workshop will focus on diagnosis and management of advanced skin cancers and benign and pre-cancerous lesions. Participants will explore the use of dermoscopy and how to conduct a full skin check using diagnostic algorithms. Finally participants will have the opportunity to practice various types of skin biopsy and suturing technique in our hands on surgical session.
BRISBANE VENUE: South East Dermatology, 9/461 Ipswich Rd, Annerley, Brisbane QLD 4103 MAP LINK
SYDNEY VENUE: The Skin Hospital, 121 Crown St, Darlinghurst, Sydney NSW 2010 MAP LINK
Clinical Case Studies
Respond to authentic clinic case studies and challenge yourself to provide a diagnosis and first-step management plan on the clinical information and dermoscopic images.
Attend live online webinars and participate in open discussion on diagnosis and management direct with our expert Dermatologists.
Complete each end of topic quiz, the case studies and a final online exam
COURSE DATES 2020
3rd Feb-3rd May
Brisbane w/shop Sat 14th Mar
18th May – 16th Aug
Sydney w/shop Sat 8th Aug
31st Aug – 29th November
Brisbane w/shop tbc
One low course fee includes access to the course for the duration of the trimester and you are able to download and save all learning material and resources.
- GPs $1,500
- GP registrars $1,350
- Nurse practitioners $1,350
- Other trainees and registrars $1,350
Please note that travel and accommodation expenses for the face to face workshop are not included.
HOW TO ENROL
Click HERE to be directed to our online shop and the purchase page.
Here you can select your fee type, trimester and pay online to gain access to the course.
Once you have successfully paid online for your course access, you will receive a receipt as well as a confirmation of enrolment email with account details to access your course.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
This course is aimed at GPs and GP registrars. Nurse practitioners and other medical registrars are also eligible.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the process of conducting a full-skin examination
- Use correct morphologic descriptors to describe features of skin lesions visible to the naked eye
- Explain the principles of using a dermoscope
- Explain the concept of dermoscopic-histopathology correlation
- Use correct dermoscopic terminology to describe skin lesions visible by dermoscope
- Discuss the significance of dermoscopic features of skin lesions
- Make a provisional diagnosis of skin lesions based on their morphological and dermoscopic features
- Formulate a first-step management plan based on a combination of clinical information, morphology and dermoscopic features of suspicious skin lesions
- Describe systems for monitoring and follow-up of patients with suspicious skin lesions
PRDP, QI & CPD POINTS
Completion of this course will result in 30 PRPD points with ACRRM and 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points with RACGP
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The enrolment fee includes access to the online modules
- Access to the online modules and virtual clinic is available for the duration of the course (usually 12-14 weeks).
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed enrolment form and payment of the relevant course fees to ACD.
- Participants can defer by submitting a written request to the Australasian College of Dermatologists that is received no later than 20 working days before the end of the trimester. If a deferment is granted, you will be offered a place at the next available trimester. Once you accept this offer, you will receive a confirmation email of enrolment into this workshop. A maximum of one deferrals is permitted per participant.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- A full refund of fees will be available if an offer of placement is withdrawn or in the unlikely event that College is unable in unable to provide any components of the course.
- No refund of fees will be made once you have enrolled in the course.
- If you wish to defer you will need to submit a written request at least 20 days before the trimester end. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 20 days of the end date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating your studies.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org