GP Certificates Skin Cancer
GP Certificates - Skin Cancer: Benign and Precancerous Lesions
Developed and delivered by Australian trained and based Dermatologists this 12 week online course will teach participants to distinguish a range of benign and precancerous lesions that are often identified by patients as skin lesions of concern and if required provide patients with a recommended treatment plan
Participants will complete 5 online modules, attend 2 live webinars and participate in weekly online case discussion. This course is designed to be engaging, flexible and totally relevant to your needs in day to day practice.
Detailed course content, date and fee information provided below.
Full Course Information
- Benign Epithelial Tumours
- Benign Melanocytic Lesions
- Benign Appendageal Tumours
- Benign Tumours of the Dermis and Subcutaneous Fat
- Premalignant or Precancerous Tumours
Attend two live online webinars and participate in open discussion on diagnosis and management direct with our expert Dermatologists
WEEKLY CASE DISCUSSION
Cases will be posted each week for participants to discuss and provide preferred diagnosis and outline patient management. The teaching dermatologist will provide feedback once a week.
Respond to authentic clinic case studies and challenge yourself to provide a diagnosis and first-step management plan on the clinical information and dermoscopic images
Complete the topic scenarios, a 500 word case study and an online multiple choice final exam
COURSE DATES 2020
3rd Feb – 3rd May
18th May – 16th Aug
31st Aug – 29th Nov
One low course fee includes access to the course for the duration of the trimester and you are able to download and save all learning material and resources.
- GPs $1,000
- GP registrars $900
- Nurse practitioners $900
- Other trainees and registrars $900
Please note that travel and accommodation expenses for the face to face workshop are not included.
HOW TO ENROL
Click HERE to be directed to our online shop and the purchase page.
Here you can select your fee type, trimester and pay online to gain access to the course.
Once you have successfully paid online for your course access, you will receive a receipt as well as a confirmation of enrolment email with account details to access your course.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
This course is aimed at GPs and GP registrars. Nurse practitioners and other medical registrars are also eligible.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish common benign skin tumours seen in General Practice
- Interpret clinical and histological features of benign skin tumours
- Assess benign skin tumours to formulate differential diagnoses and explain these to patients
- Propose treatment options and advantages and disadvantages of each method
- Prepare and manage treatment plans for benign skin tumours
- Evaluate when benign skin tumours should be referred to another medical specialist
PRDP, QI & CPD POINTS
Completion of this course will result in 30 PRPD points with ACRRM and 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points with RACGP
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The enrolment fee includes access to the online modules
- Access to the online modules is available for the duration of the course (usually 12-14 weeks).
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the payment of the relevant course fees to ACD via the online store.
- Participants can defer by submitting a written request to the Australasian College of Dermatologists that is received no later than 20 working days before the end of the trimester. If a deferment is granted, you will be offered a place at the next available trimester. Once you accept this offer, you will receive a confirmation email of enrolment into this trimester. A maximum of one deferrals is permitted per participant.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- A full refund of fees will be available if an offer of placement is withdrawn or in the unlikely event that College is unable in unable to provide any components of the course.
- No refund of fees will be made once you have enrolled in the course.
- If you wish to defer you will need to submit a written request at least 20 days before the trimester end. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 20 days of the end date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating your studies.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to email@example.com