Programs and Courses
GP Certificates – Skin Cancer: Practical Dermoscopy
Practical Dermoscopy is available for GPs developed, accredited and run by Dermatologists qualified by the ACD.
The Practical Dermoscopy course is a 12-14 week program delivered in an online format consisting of:
- 6 self-paced Online Modules with end of topic tests
- 40 Clinic Case Studies
- A final Online Exam (2 hours)
Completion of this course will enable you to enrol in our 1 day face-to-face Skin Cancer Workshop held at locations across Australia.
Monday 3rd June –
|Trimester 3||Monday 2nd September –
Sunday 1st December 2019
*Please note that you may enrol after the trimester has commenced, however you must complete by the course end date.
To proceed with your enrolment select the ‘Enrol Now’ button located next to the trimester you wish to enrol in.
You will be re-directed to the ACD Online Courses Store where you can select your fee type, trimester and make an online payment for access to the course.
Once you have successfully paid online for your course access, you will receive a receipt as well as a confirmation of enrolment email with account details to access your course.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
One low course fee includes access to the course for the duration of the trimester and you are able to download and save all learning material and resources.
- GPs $1000
- GP registrars $900
- Nurse practitioners $900
- Other trainees and registrars $900
|Online Modules||Each online module is estimated to take between 2-4 hours to complete (including end of topic test).
Topics covered are the following:
|Clinic Case Studies||Participants engage in the case studies at the same time as completing the online modules. The case studies are provided by the dermatologists from their practice. You will be provided with clinical and dermoscopic images and asked a variety of questions about the case. On completion of the questions you will be provided with their summation of each case, therefore what the images feature, provisional and differential diagnosis, initial and further management of the case.|
|Assessments & Online Final Exam||Participants are assessed throughout the duration of the course. An 80% pass mark for each online end of topic test is required. Students must participate in the 40 clinic case studies. Participants must pass the final online exam with a mark of 75%.|
Completion of this course will result in 30 PRPD points with ACRRM and 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points with RACGP
- The enrolment fee includes access to the online modules
- Access to the online modules and virtual clinic is available for the duration of the course (usually 12-14 weeks).
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed enrolment form and payment of the relevant course fees to ACD.
- Participants can defer by submitting a written request to the Australasian College of Dermatologists that is received no later than 20 working days before the end of the trimester. If a deferment is granted, you will be offered a place at the next available trimester. Once you accept this offer, you will receive a confirmation email of enrolment into this workshop. A maximum of one deferrals is permitted per participant.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed.
- A full refund of fees will be available if an offer of placement is withdrawn or in the unlikely event that College is unable in unable to provide any components of the course.
- No refund of fees will be made once you have enrolled in the course.
- If you wish to defer you will need to submit a written request at least 20 days before the trimester end. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 20 days of the end date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating your studies.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org