Programs and Courses
Certificate in Melanography Essentials
The aim of the Melanography Essentials course is provide you with the relevant knowledge and skills in skin assessment and imaging which are required for competent and safe Melanography practice.
Designed and delivered by the ACD and MoleMap, this course offers a combination of online and face to face workshop learning. Participants will complete 8 online modules and attend a 2 day face to face weekend workshop held at Molemap offices in Melbourne Victoria.
Alternatively you can take the online modules and workshop seperately if you wish however in order to gain the certificate from College both elements must be completed.
Detailed course content, date and fee information provided below.
Full Course Information
- Skin: anatomy, physiology and pathology
- Ultraviolet radiation: Sun health and skin cancer risk
- Skin lesion recognition
- Assessment of lesions for Melanography imaging
- Imaging techniques
- Melanography procedures
- Clinic safety, security and ergonomics
- Medicare and legal compensation
Face to Face Workshop
Held at Molemaps offices: Suite 1, Level 4, 60 Albert Road, Melbourne
Exact venue map: Molemap Melbourne
Start/finish times: 8:30am-5pm each day
- Camera skills practice
- Dermoscopy and lesion inspection practice
- Individual tutorial
- Melanography process and practice
- Sun health and skin cancer risk
- Health information design
- Individual tutorial
Include: online investigation, categorisation activities, multiple choice quizzes and a research paper
COURSE DATES 2020
3rd Feb-3rd May
Melb w/shop 28th & 29th Mar
18th May – 16th Aug
Melb w/shop 4th & 5th Jul
31st Aug – 29th November
Melb w/shop 24th & 25th Oct
One low course fee includes access to the course for the duration of the trimester and you are able to download and save all learning material and resources.
- $1,599 – Full Course (online and workshop)
- $799 – Online modules only
- $999 – 2 day workshop only
Please note that travel and accommodation expenses for the face to face workshop are not included.
HOW TO ENROL
Click HERE to be directed to our online shop and the purchase page.
Here you can select your course preference and trimester and pay online to gain access to the course.
Once you have successfully paid online for your course access, you will receive a receipt as well as a confirmation of enrolment email with account details to access your course.
Please note that enrolments are only secured once payment is made. Adding the course to your cart will not hold an enrolment place.
This course is aimed at registered nurses and other health professionals.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of skin anatomy, physiology and histopathology to Melanography practice
- Describe skin cancer pathology and relate this to visible lesion features
- Explain the effects of ultraviolet radiation on the skin
- Provide education to patients about skin cancer and its prevention
- Conduct a thorough visual skin cancer assessment of a patient
- Recognise skin lesions using clinical and dermoscopic criteria
- Accurately identify skin lesions that require photographic imaging for diagnosis and or surveillance
- Demonstrate competent skin photography skills
- Carry out total body and individual lesion photography in accordance with a quality standard.
- Identify key elements for a melanographer to run a clinic efficiently and safely.
- Outline legal consideration pertinent to Melanography practice
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The enrolment fee includes access to the online modules
- Access to the online modules is available for the duration of the course (usually 12-14 weeks).
- Registration in the program will be confirmed upon receipt of the completed enrolment form and payment of the relevant course fees to ACD.
- Participants can defer by submitting a written request to the Australasian College of Dermatologists that is received no later than 20 working days before the end of the trimester. If a deferment is granted, you will be offered a place at the next available trimester. Once you accept this offer, you will receive a confirmation email of enrolment into this workshop. A maximum of one deferrals is permitted per participant.
- Participants are required to review the Terms and Conditions and cancellation/refund policy prior to registering, and to acknowledge acceptance of these conditions during the registration process.
- Participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment once all course components have been completed.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
- A full refund of fees will be available if an offer of placement is withdrawn or in the unlikely event that College is unable in unable to provide any components of the course.
- No refund of fees will be made once you have enrolled in the course.
- If you wish to defer you will need to submit a written request at least 20 days before the trimester end. Each written request will be considered on its merits. Deferment will not be granted for requests received within 20 days of the end date unless there are extenuating circumstances mitigating your studies.
- All requests for deferment must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org