Short Term Training
SPECIALIST PATHWAYS FOR TRAINING DERMATOLOGISTS
Short-Term Training Positions
Short-term training positions are for International Medical Graduates (IMGs) who wish to undertake a short-term specified training position/program within Australia, with the objective of improving their professional skills and experience not available in their country of training.
Hospitals offering such positions must provide IMGs with an appropriate scope of work, adequate clinical and academic supervision and a designated supervisor.
- For information relating to these positions, candidates are advised to contact the large teaching hospitals in Australia.
- The hospital (usually the Head of the relevant department) can provide details on vacancies and other formalities. The ACD has no role in the organisation of these positions.
- The ACD will assess the position on its suitability for the IMG
- This program is not a formalised dermatology training program and the experience cannot be accredited to the ACD training program.
- If medical registration is granted by the Medical Board of Australia, the short-term training position will be valid for a short period, normally up to two years.
As of 1 January 2019 the application fee for Short Term Training is: AUD$1,125