Research & Clinical Trials
A goal for the College is to promote the advancement of scientific and clinical research in dermatology. The College is developing a new research strategy which will bring together the many components of dermatology research undertaken by College Fellows across Australia.
The College Research Strategy aims to:
- Enable Fellows and trainees to pursue independent research and multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Foster high-calibre research with the greatest potential to improve patient outcomes in skin health
- Identify and respond to gaps with respect to research workforce capacity
- Promote national and international dermatology research findings and opportunities
- Promote the achievements of Fellows and champion dermatology research in Australia.
Clinical trials aim to find new and better ways to prevent, detect or treat disease. Several hospital departments and day surgery sites around Australia are involved in clinical trial research for skin conditions.
Australian Clinical Trials
SEARCH FOR CLINICAL TRIALS
The Australian Clinical Trials website maintained by the NHMRC has information for patients and consumers on:
- What is a clinical trial?
- Why be part of a clinical trial?
- How to be part of a clinical trial
- How to find a clinical trial
THE AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND MELANOMA TRIALS GROUP (ANZMTG)
The Australia and New Zealand Melanoma Trials Group (ANZMTG) coordinates and conducts quality research for melanoma control with researchers and health care professionals, support networks and consumers.
Australian and New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry (ANZCTR)
Clinical trials being undertaken in Australia and New Zealand can also be searched on the Australian and New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry (ANZCTR) website.