Dermatology Clinical Research Fellow
Posted 2 years ago
Dermatology Clinical Research Fellow
Sinclair Dermatology is a dynamic private clinic in East Melbourne. We are the centre for excellence in Melbourne for treating all hair disorders as well as providing quality care for general dermatological patients.
Sinclair Dermatology, and in particular the clinical trials centre, has grown considerably in recent years. Sinclair Dermatology has twelve dermatologists with sub-specialty interests in hair disorders, melanoma, skin cancer, pigmentary disorders, paediatric dermatology, atopic dermatitis, vitiligo, psoriasis and many more. We also have a visiting plastic surgeon and hair transplant surgeon. Sinclair dermatology has a number of medical lasers and recently acquired the Canfield Vectra WB-360 imaging system, which is one of three in the world and allows us to provide a superior level of service to our skin cancer patients that no other clinic in Victoria can match.
This position offers the opportunity to increase your dermatological experience, improve your health care delivery, be involved in and produce world-class research and have an active role in clinical trials. The position is suitable for applicants who are preparing themselves to apply for a specialty training program in a related clinical discipline, eg dermatology.
The clinical research fellow will be based in the clinical trials centre, where you will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of medical developments in areas such as alopecia areata, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, lupus erythematosus, hidradenitis suppurativa, acne, rosacea, urticaria, vitiligo, and many more dermatological diseases.
The Dermatology Clinical Research Fellow will be responsible for:
- The clinical assessment and review of clinical trials patients for a minimum of three days a week. You will participate in site specific recruitment strategies and you may be required to travel to attend investigator meetings in Australia and overseas.
- Ensuring accurate and complete data collection in both the clinical trials centre and outpatient clinics.
- Liaising with staff within the clinical trials centre and general dermatology clinics to ensure optimal patient care.
- The review of patients in the general dermatology clinic on Tuesday afternoons with presentation of patients to senior consultants prior to their assessment and presentation to the group at the end of the clinic.
- The development and publication/presentation of research supervised by Prof Rod Sinclair.
- Clerking ward referrals form the Epworth Hospital, which is affiliated with Sinclair Dermatology.
The Dermatology Clinical Research Fellow will also have the opportunity to participate in:
- Tutorials on Tuesday evenings of dermatological disorders including a histopathology tutorial once a month.
- Procedures such as: working with the Vectra machine, performing minor operations such as punch biopsies, shave biopsies and small excisions. The opportunity to work alongside the plastic surgeon and hair transplant surgeon can also be arranged as desired as well as further training in laser use and minor aesthetic procedures.
- The delivery of education to patients and local GPs.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
- MBBS, AHPRA registration and ability to work in Australia
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Highly-developed computer literacy Meticulous attention to details
- Willingness to work flexible hours when required
- Commitment to excellent patient care
- Excellent time management skills, ability to complete research and meet research deadlines
- Previous experience in clinical research
- Working knowledge of relevant human research guidelines
- Previous dermatology experience and a desire to peruse a future career in Dermatology
How to apply
Please attach your resume and covering letter via the Seek portal.
Sinclair Dermatology is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.